Feeling stuck with something, whether it be a fear, a worry or challenge, or just not knowing what to do next can be hard.
Because of that, I wanted to share a quick process that you can take yourself through if you’re stuck, afraid and just want a different experience.
A simple process to getting unstuck:
1. Write down what’s going on for you in as much details as possible. What’s the challenge? How are you feeling about the challenge? What behaviors go along with said challenge? Where in your body do feel this experience of being stuck?
2. What is the fear that goes along with this experience of being stuck? Can you write the fear as one sentence?
3. Ask the fear: How are you actually trying to help me? What is it you’re trying to help me achieve or do differently?
4. Ask the fear: What is your intended positive outcome for me? Or what’s your positive intention for me? (Funny questions but we presuppose there’s a positive intention within the fear which there is)
5. After you harvest the wisdom within the fear, what 1-2 things can you do to take different action based on what fear said to you?
6. Appreciate or honor the fear for its communication. Fear is a part of you trying to communicate and that’s really really valuable although fear might not feel great.
7. Go do what fear asked you to do.
The power of feeling stuck is when we turn into it – when we met the challenge or darkness with the light of curiosity, love and genuine interest in having a chat about what’s going on.
Working with fear may seem impossible or hard when you’re in the throws of it, but the more you practice it the easier it is to move yourself into a more empowered state.
That’s the work of a true Jedi (if you ask me) – turning into ourselves with grace and compassion instead of shame, frustration and judgement.
Remember — we’re all doing the best we can with the resources available and if we could be doing better, we would.
June 1, 2023